So, babe’s put a ring on it! It’s time to talk engagement sessions and where to shoot them. Sure, you might be thinking that it’s pretty straight-forward, but if you’re an out-of-the-box kind of gal like I am, then you’ll be looking for something a little extra. We want you and your future partner to look your best, but we want the backdrop to be just as stunning! Read through the list, close your eyes, and imagine the beautiful photos you can get in the following possible locations.
1. Your favorite café, restaurant, bakery, bar, etc. It’s always nice to be in a familiar place, and the more relaxed you are, the better the photos will look!
2. Private estate / mansion. Tip: If you’re looking at estates, think more Highgarden or Sunspear at Dorne—acres of beautiful gardens and lots of open space… Great examples in Southern California include Greystone Mansion and Malibu Rocky Oaks. Both are currently on my wishlist to photograph. So dreamy!
3. The beach is perfect for those couples that are more laid-back and for those gals that want to rock loose, beachy waves with a great maxi.
4. Home is where the heart is! Have a pillow-fight, eat pizza in bed, cuddle with your dog, or make dinner together. Capture your every-day, genuine love for each other.
5. Vineyards or orchards are just so beautiful in the spring and summer! Plus, you can schedule a wine tasting afterwards—and I don’t know about you, but I love a good Chardonnay.
6. A sailboat or yacht is such a classy choice and gives you that summery, vacay-vibe. Lounge on the deck and show off those swimsuit bods!
7. If you guys are outdoors-y types, consider renting a cabin by the lake, or visit a little lakeside dock. The calm, blue water and the woods around will create a mesmerizing, almost other-worldly atmosphere.
8. City / downtown vibes are great for adding some contrast to your photos, and oh-so-classic. Just picture this: you guys dressed all fancy against a beautiful architecutral building and/or city skyline in the background.
9. Find a great park or meadow with lots of green and natural light. When are you ever going to have another chance to re-enact (and photograph!) that moment when Mr. Darcy is dramatically walking towards Lizzie at the end of Pride and Prejudice? Guys. I’m tearing up just thinking about it.
10. If you live near a desert or a place with sand dunes, these places offer a great backdrop that somehow manages to be both minimal and majestic. Just picture walking off into the distance together with a flowing, fluttering train billowing behind you!
Contact me here to schedule an engagement shoot with me!